Standard for Helplines©
CCA and mhhp have together developed the Standard for Helplines©.
The world of helplines is particularly diverse as it encompasses; voluntary and statutory providers operating nationally, regionally or with specific groups. Working with paid and voluntary staff to respond to condition / issue specific and generalised enquiries from users of services, their carers and professionals; via a range of technologies e.g. telephone, SMS, live webchat. Providing services ranging from counselling to signposting and providing a listening ear.
The Standard for Helplines© has been developed to:
- Optimise benefits to the caller through delivery of a consistent quality service.
- Benefit the helpline operation, derived from the rigour of ensuring compliance and embedding quality.
- Maintain and improve the working experience for staff, whether paid or voluntary, through its focus on support, training and development.
- Support the long term sustainability and financial security of the helpline by demonstrating quality and thus helping in the acquisition of funding.
- Help in ensuring consistency, best practice and continual improvement with regard to processes and procedures.
- Enable helplines to be confident in the service delivery quality of other accredited Partnership members with whom they may share calls or services or to whom they may signpost callers.
Standard for Helplines© Enquiries
Telephone 0300 330 7777
"Brighter Futures is delighted to have won the contract to provide the Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline Service for the next three years. We strive to provide the highest quality service through a highly trained team resulting in us becoming the first helpline in the country to be accredited to the CCA and mhhp Standard for Helplines©. We believe that it definitely helped us to prove our commitment to customer service and good practice."
Operational Manager Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline