Department of Health useful information
A range of resources are available from the Department of Health such as:
- An up-to-date listing of emerging GP consortia being set up across the country in 2011and a working document.
- Functions of GP consortia
- Joint Commissioning Panel for Mental Health
- Health and Social Care Bill
- Health and Social Care Bill Explained - October 2011
- Health conditions
- Healthy living
- Mental Capacity Act 2007
- Mental Health Act 2009
- Mental Health Specialist Library
- 'No health without mental health' - Launch of the Mental Health Outcomes Strategy 2011. See page 33 for reference to mhhp.
- No health without mental health: a cross-government mental health outcomes strategy for people of all ages - 2011
Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNA)
The Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 requires PCTs and local authorities to produce a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) of the health and wellbeing of their local community.
- Briefings on changes to the structure of the NHS
- NHS Choices - health information website
- NHS Networks
- Social Care Bulletin - for all staff working in social care
Preventing suicide in England - The Department of Health cross-government strategy produced in 2012
- Department of Health strategic vision for volunteering