Helplines Partnership is the organisation formed from the merger of the Mental Health Helplines Partnership (mhhp) and The Helplines Association (THA). It represents the helplines sector across the UK and internationally, supporting helplines to provide the best quality of service to their users.
An umbrella organisation with over 400 members, Helplines Partnership is the only membership body for helplines of all sizes and all client groups. Our members provide support via any non face to face channel, (such as telephone, e-mail, SMS, social networking and instant messaging) and handle 50 million contacts a year. Their turnover is £5 billion annually.
Our focus is on delivering a quality experience for helpline users by providing services to help our members raise the standard of the services they provide. We continually seek to expand our reputation for excellence and innovation while increasing awareness and understanding of the work of helplines.
THA and mhhp have many years experience of underpinning helpline service improvements and the recent merger has enabled us to harness the best from both organisations while creating operational and service delivery efficiencies.
We provide a wealth of support to members and the wider sector including:
- Training courses and City & Guilds accredited qualifications for front-line workers, managers and supervisors
- Consultancy on a range of helpline issues including strategy, telephony, start-ups and policy
- Quality Standards to define and accredit best practice in helpline work
- Telephony system offering advanced call handling at no capital cost for the member
- Confidential numbers that are free to call from mobiles, in partnership with the major mobile operators
Our ambition is to empower people by achieving excellence in helpline provision, increase recognition of helplines and their value and ensure sustainability for the sector.